Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Congested Bike Racks


So This is a typical scene when I go to find a place to park my bike at UAH I usually use a tree or something to avoid getting involved in the orgy of department store bicycles. It is good to see people riding there bikes to class however with gas being so expensive and the parking lots of UAH so congested many people park on side streets and walk because of lack of parking spaces. In the mean time UAH is spending lots of money building a multi-level parking facility, but as this picture shows the money could be spent better building more bicycle racks out side of buildings. So UAH please take the extra money you fucked me out with your 15% tuition increase and provide me with more facilities to park my bike and encourage other students to not use there cars as much or even car pool to class to cut down on traffic congestion.

4 comments:

Marshmallow said...

At least they out one up. Can you believe they left it out originally?

beardsarefun said...

Shoulda' gone to Bama; we had at least two bike racks! Jk, Actually, racks were pretty abundant there and now they offer campus wide bike rentals in addition to working on a Yellow Bike program in addition to actually having hot chicks there. Im just sayin' : )

Tyler said...

I guess they figured there were not enough trees to lock up to which is ok but when I run out a trees to lock to I'll take my bike into class with me

clintpatty said...

They also put in a new rack at the UC. They should have put both racks in a covered area. I requested that last year, and instead they put them out in the rain. The library is still the only place on campus with covered parking. They need more room everywhere. They did expand the rack at Morton Hall, but I guess the latent traffic picked up, and it was full today. When they didn't have racks I didn't bring it in to class, i just parked it on the landscaping job that they paid for or used like 3 chairs and a table to lock it to at the back of the Shelby Center. A&M doesn't even have bike racks where classes are. I think I've seen more other white people out there than bicycles.