Thursday, August 28, 2008

Santa Cruz Lives, It Lives

Though it doesnt pertain to cycling, I thought this was cool: Skate art guru Jim Phillips has teamed up with Made by Monsters to release a limitied edition of 500 toy replicas of the iconic Santa Cruz Speed Wheels - Screaming Hand. The toy celebrates Phillips's 45th anniversary as arguably the most influential illustrator of 80s skate culture. The impressive 8 x 10 full-sized vinyl figure sells for US$150. More info: info@garageworksindustries.com

3 comments:

Matty said...

What about Santa Cruz MTBs? We had one in the shop yesterday.. Totally cycling related!

beardsarefun said...

What shop do you work for? Santa Cruz MTB and skateboards are totally different but sorta related. I have a Santa Cruz Nomad and my g/f rides a Juliana, so its safe to say i love me some SC MTB.

Matty said...

I work at Velo City.. Remember? I met you there and talked to you about your frame building experience.. Still interested in having you build one for me if the offer is still on the table. I've been thinking about designs and ideas.. Also, I've really enjoyed the blog! Thanks!!