Monday, December 15, 2008

I'd Tap That

Across the US, europe, wherever, it seems like cyclists have always had a fondness for good beer. Some more than others but it still seems to be a common thread among us, a universal language if you will. While out in Colorado this summer, I was fortunate enough to have more than my fair share of heady hops. Then I came back to 5%-by-volume-Alabama and thought the highlife was going to end on a sour note with Highlife, ugh. Maybe not. Look out your window to the north and you'll spot something beautiful. No not the Northstar, something much better, a gas station on Tennessee soil. It used to be pretty common for northern Alabamians to make a Sunday run down 431 to buy beer but then (and I still can't believe this ever passed in this ridiculously lame town) they passed a bill allowing Sunday alcohol sales. Fast forward to now. We can buy beer all day week long and if we make a thirty minute drive, we can buy pretty much anything we like. In particular, an array from New Belgium and now, the house brews from Oskar Blues. A lot of us already knew most of this but a lot didnt. This post was pretty much an excuse to say, go try some Ten-Fiddy Imperial Stout or Dale's Pale Ale and be particularly merry.

2 comments:

clintpatty said...

I don't know if my previous comment got submitted or not, so if it didn't, who's going to Indiana this spring for Dark Lord? And the new chocolate stout from Olde Towne at the Nook is good. The bar was packed at 7pm for the debut.

beardsarefun said...

I've never actually been to the Nook but I knew they had good beer selection. That stout sounds good so I guess I'm gonna have to break out of my comfort zone and try a new bar. Thanks for the info C.