Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Goodnight Indy, We Out!



A few of us made the journey to NAHBS in Indianapolis this weekend. Whew. I'm still recovering. It was an unbelievable trip and i'm still having flashbacks of the ridiculousness that went down.

The show...where do you begin. When we walked in, I had to calm myself before I could do anything else. It was the who's who of custom fabrication with everyone pulling out all the stops. It was seriously one "oh shit!" after the other with the most beautifully crafted bikes on the planet. What was amazing was how accessible and cool everyone was. I met a few old friends and made a ton of new ones. We hung out with the rockstars of the industry. Im still working on the photos from the show and a few of the after parties. There are almost 400 so it's taking a little while.



After the show we went to the MACAFRAMA premiere and then saw a sneak preview of Bootleg Sessions V3. All I can say is it is insane! Words can not do it justice. Definitely check it out once it's released. After the show, we got to hang with a few more builders, hit up a few parties, a few bars, a few more bars I had to be reminded of, and met some really great friends. Shit definitely got pretty bike-geek rockstar on us.



I'm trying to keep it brief since its late and my brain still isnt functioning quite right but thank you Indianapolis, thank you Don Walker, thank you Tracko, thanks Broakland guys, thanks to the drunk-ass LA guys (ha), the great Chicago crew, the guy who didnt crash the car with the 8 of us in it and everyone i'm forgetting. Thank you for reminding me that there are still people out there who eat, sleep, and breathe bikes. More and more pics are up on our flickr already with more to come as I sort them.

7 comments:

Jarrod said...

I hate you for getting to preview MACA before me.

beardsarefun said...

Thanks man. Your hate made my day, ha. It was definitely awesome and not to detract from it in any way, but I think Bootleg III is going to be more your cup-o' tea. You buy one and i'll get the other then swap, k?

Sean said...

I really wish i could have gone to that.

Jarrod said...

The chances of me ever actually getting to see MACA are megga slim...
Why were they saying that the release has been held up. Still cash?

Jarrod said...

The chances of me seeing MACA are much slimmer.

marshmallow said...

i read an found some interviews that said they were having problems with music licenses? I think that was it.

beardsarefun said...

psssh, fancy ass college kid with yer city-learnin'! i think youre correct.

also, more pics will be posted this weekend...too much going on this week to tackle it.

may have a thursday night ride and also a sunday ride if no rain.