Monday, May 25, 2009

Weeklong Showers Bring Maintenance Flowers



It looks like we will be rained out for the Tuesday ride and Thursday polo. We had a nice weekend so we can't complain. Who knows how the weather will play out though. A few of us are going out of town this weekend for the BFF and I really need to do some some bike maintenance. Nothing ruins a bike trip like an avoidable mechanical. While I wrench, I'm open to sharing my tools and two-cents for those who need it. One more useful than the other. For those interested, I will try to post something the day of - right now Im not sure when. (tues, weds, or thurs)

8 comments:

clintpatty said...

I need to replace the drive train on my fixed gear sometime soon. It's been needing a chain for a while. And the cog isn't very good. The chainring is from a 6 or 7 speed crankset. I've been waiting on finding a lightly used 39t 130bcd chainring in the 8-10spd range. But if I can't find a used one, imma prolly get the SRAM Red.

Tyler said...

yes it would be a good week to get the whips in shape

anthony said...

next week i'm going to try really hard to make the ride.

beardsarefun said...

to quote the Waterboy, "you can do'et"

clintpatty said...

Monday night ride next week to arrive at Chips and Salsa at 7 then head to south Bandito for Christian James and the Coyotes later?

beardsarefun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beardsarefun said...

i dont know, i've kinda grown accustomed to Lesbian Jam nights on tuesday... I am open to new things though. Perhaps you can come up with a new route that will actually kill a new rider this time unlike the mere maiming last week.

Maybe Tyler would let us use his new garage and i could bring a work stand, beers, and tools over there tomorrow night?

i am probably going to have to stick with tuesday this week since i will have just got back from Memphis and will need to spend some time around the dog and apartment. but the next week!

oh, i am trying to push the alleycat back a week or two if it works for everyone. i gotta get up with Bill since he instigated it all. I have a lot on my plate right now to do it justice. Anticipation makes the heart grow fonder right.

clintpatty said...

I meant a Monday in addition, not changing the Tuesday ride. And any new rider would have been fine with front and rear brakes.