Saturday, May 9, 2009

Worst Idea Ever



To make National Bike To Work Week a little bit more exciting, phone company LG has decided it should motivate motorists to be even more distracted than usual by holding a text messaging contest the same week. The cell phone is the single most dangerous invention to cyclists and motorists alike and now you can get rewarded for your hard work. I encourage everyone to commute to work next week but if you look back and see a Mustang with a Hawaiian lay hanging from the mirror and a test-messaging teen barreling down the road at you, you may want to take a moment to get on the sidewalk for just a sec.

6 comments:

Tyler said...

I honestly would have thought you made this up if it wasn't for the actual links to LGs sight what a bunch douche bags they are at LG.

As Leela would say "Eat a bag of Dicks"

beardsarefun said...

thats's a, that's a classy lady ya got there. jk yeh i have to say that sums it up pretty well. it actually made me mad for a while when i first saw it and now i'm like, eh, screw it, the world is full of douchey people and there's nothing i can do about it but be myself. it just encourages, justifies, and perpetuates a type of person that i don't agree with on most things. just please dont run me over ya know.

Anonymous said...

At least you know what she means when she says something.

beardsarefun said...

yeh we all do. notice the part where i said "it sums it up pretty well", that is where i acknowledge and agree with her. i like how that's the one thing you have taken away from this. my question is what the hell are you saying?

Anonymous said...

Chill. Just making a point. And not about anyone that regularly posts here. Saying stuff like my earlier post that's unclear may be considered more socially acceptable but is annoying. Like saying I don't think the streets are a safe place for cyclists to be, what the person is really saying is I don't like cyclists 'in my way' and it's not safe because I try to make it even less safe.

beardsarefun said...

hug?